Yet another YJHD reflect



Every time I watch this movie, my perspective shifts and deepens. When I was younger, even just a year ago, I adored the first part of the film. The adventurous trip to Manali, the wild antics, and the exhilarating "Balam Pichkari" song gave me goosebumps—I still dream of celebrating Holi like that someday. However, now I find myself merely enduring that part. At 21, these are my days to embrace such craziness, and I fully intend to seize them.



But as I've grown, I've realized the true essence of the movie emerges in the latter half, eight years into the story. Viewing Bunny and Avi from a neutral standpoint and relating to the friend who lives abroad and strives to mend friendships, I see their actions in a new light. They were both right in their ways. Bunny's realization of what he missed, especially when reminiscing about his father, is poignant.


One scene that always strikes me is the kiss between Naina and Bunny. I feel it shouldn't have happened. Naina was vulnerable, and instead of understanding her feelings, Bunny impulsively kissed her, which felt wrong. Naina has every right to be with anyone she likes and drink with whomever she chooses. Bunny's behavior, though, came off as emotionally immature. Yet, the subsequent hug between them clarified many things. Naina's maturity shines through; she sees through the deception and understands Bunny's feelings. She reciprocates, but she also recognizes the importance of their future.



The most challenging part of the movie, from Bunny's and Naina's perspectives—and for us viewers—is when Naina has to leave Bunny. At 21, I'm at a stage where I want to explore relationships and live life to the fullest. Yet, I yearn for the warmth Bunny felt with Naina, that unique connection he'd only experienced with his family before. This brings us to the crucial question: career or love?


Actual writing - 

Again, saying the same thing. Every time I watch this movie I have a different perspective about it. When I was young even a year ago I loved the first part of the movie, when they all go on a manali trip and do crazy shit and then getting goosebumps on balam pichkari song(still want to celebrate holi like that some day), but now I was only surviving through that part, I am only 21 these are my days to be doing that crazy stuff and I will do it no cap. but I think the real motive of the movie and the interesting part was shown later after 8 years in the story. Seeing bunny and avi from a neutral perspective and being that friend who lives abroad and just wants to sort things with his friends, I think they were both right in their way and only later when bunny realises what he actually missed when he recalls his father. I really doesn't think that the kiss should have happened in the first place between naina and bunny, I mean naina was vulnerable at that time and instead of asking since when do you like me or trying to know naina's feelings bunny just kisses her which was bad. I mean naina has all rights to be with anyone she likes and drink alcohol with anyone, but again I felt a little childish behaviour in bunny which maybe he was not faking because he is also not that mature emotionally. But that hug clarified some stuff, that naina is at that maturity level and can see through a deception, she knows that bunny likes her and she wants it too but knowing there future is really important. Now the hardest part in the movie from bunny's perspective, from naina's perspective and for us viewers, the scene where naina has to leave bunny, I mean dude I am only 21 I need to explore girls live my life now, but I need that warmth which bunny felt with naina, just 5 more seconds with her, something which he had only felt with his family(father) before. Now the question was to choose career or love? 

Comments

  1. Totally relatable dawg ...yjhd can never not be re-watched from a different pov as well it's refined and visualised to perfection after each watch

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is Multiverse

Random check of my condition